MyMachine: Small Dreams = BIG Ideas!
JOIN THIS EXCITING STEAM EDUCATION WORKSHOP!
Participate either online OR at Workshop17, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town:
Make sure you book the correct ticket!
WHAT IS STEAM?
STEAM aims to strengthen the foundation of STEM subjects like Science, Technology, Engineering and Math through integrating Art which results in inclusive and accessible learning experiences for ALL children in STEM subjects. Through creating these creative and playful experiences for learning ALL children will develop imagination, critical thinking and other crucial future skills that will be needed for them to thrive in the future – leaving no-one behind!
INVENTING YOUR DREAM MACHINE
Join us for an incredible “dream machine” workshop where you can dream up and design your dream machine. If you are in Cape Town then please join us at Workshop17’s event space at the V&A Waterfront. If you are somewhere else then no worries! Join us online as we will livestream straight from the V&A Waterfront on the day so there is no reason for anyone to feel left out!
This workshop will be hosted by MyMachine global. Read more about this amazing organisation HERE
- Teaching children how to bring their own ideas to life
- Enabling young people to drive their own future
- To become self-motivated, problem solving, creative, self-employed or team workers that companies, organizations and the world at large are looking for.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Children and their parents will make a drawing and give a description of their own “dream machine”. Everyone will get an opportunity to present their fantasy ideas of their own dream machine at the ODA Family Makers Day on 31 October.
The workshop will be 45 minutes long. BOOK NOW for your child/ren to participate! Remember you can either attend the workshop at the V&A Waterfront in person or you can attend and participate virtually.
*Make sure that you select the correct ticket: either a virtual ticket or the V&A Waterfront ticket.
*A few tips
- Invent your Dream Machine – anything goes (well…, almost), as long as you really, really want it!
- Make a drawing of it – could be small or big, simple or complicated – you choose!
- Take a picture of your drawing and upload it – and receive your personalised MyMachine Diploma as Dream Machine Inventor!
- Mobile photos of the drawings and descriptions to be uploaded to the MyMachine online repository named DreamsDrop – upload your idea in your own language (it doesn’t have to be English)—*
- A drawing and description of a dream machine from every participant at the V&A Waterfront and online; including the name and age of the child on the front of the drawing
- A description of the working of their machine at the back of the drawing: what it does and what it is for
ON EXPO AT THE V&A WATERFRONT
MyMachine will also exhibit 5 built “dream machines” at the ODA Family Makers Day at the V&A Waterfront. Four machines were invented and designed by SA children although two of these machines were built in Belgium and two in South Africa. So we are excited to showcase these dream machines that were invented by young SA children.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OPEN DESIGN AFRIKA
Open Design Afrika is determined to keep this platform free of charge and accessible to everyone. If possible, we would appreciate your support by making a donation to Open Design Afrika NPO. Your donation will enable our team of change-makers to continue our valuable work in democratising the sharing of knowledge, participation and skills development so that we can unlock and ignite greater Afrikan solutions and new aspirations to build thriving futures. Please use the provided QR code if you want to make a donation. The ODA Team thank you for your support.