ARE YOU A YOUNG DESIGNER?
Want to learn more about the vital role, impact and future role of Design Education and the power of the design skills you have to design a better world?
- yearning to learn more about design education?
- a young designer who wants to learn and know more about what other young designers are doing across the globe?
Would you like to know more about the World Design Organization (WDO) and what the Young Designers Cycle (YDC) is all about? Are you willing to participate in design activities with us?
What to expect
In this workshop, discussion and activities will revolve around design education.
We will look at:
- how design could better be integrated into the education system from different perspectives.
- take a deep dive into how design could make an impact in local communities with global impacts to design for a better world – WDO.
- Members of the WDO YDC team will be available to interact with YOU for further engagements and onboarding of new WDO-YDC Ambassadors in future.
Duration: Main Workshop 1hour
What you need to participate?
Wifi, Devices, Zoom/ webcam, Paper & Pen* (if needed to draw something/ write)
Register NOW! and join us for an exciting hour spend with the WDO and YDC teams which can also lead to you getting more involved with us beyond the festival.
- To get people think more about design education
- Introduce WDO- YDC team and initiatives and
- Engage with community members, learn and share ideas
- Explore WDO – YDC ambassador engagement
Optional – After party! (15mins)
Social Networking | Virtual Social | Virtual coffee with WDO-YDC team
Join in conversation with YDC team sharing experiences on some of the YDC specific projects/ Personal projects they may be working on.
Looking forward to meeting you all!
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OPEN DESIGN AFRIKA
Open Design Afrika is determined to keep this platform free of charge and accessible to everyone. If possible, we would appreciate your support by making a donation to Open Design Afrika NPO. Your donation will enable our team of change-makers to continue our valuable work in democratising the sharing of knowledge, participation and skills development so that we can unlock and ignite greater Afrikan solutions and new aspirations to build thriving futures. Please use the provided QR code if you want to make a donation. The ODA Team thank you for your support.