small is MASSIVE!
#OpenDesignAfrika calls on Afrikans and the world to action small seeds of change everywhere. Today we have to write the most important design brief in the history of humanity; it is time to rise in solidarity with our global neighbours and Inspirators for action!
Join us for DAY 2 of #ODA2020 on 28 October at “Global Inspiration Day”, as we Livestream from the @VandWaterfront in #CapeTown, #SouthAfrica. Let’s celebrate the power of creativity and humanity through our global design champions, unsung heroes and changemakers; as we share stories, learn together and get inspired to unlock greater potential and aspirations for thriving futures! Through a series of global dialogues, followed by virtual coffee sessions; we will bring exciting Inspirators together with our global audience so that you can get inspired by their personal stories that touch the lives of a few, a community, city, country, continent or globally.
SESSION TWO: A focus on “The Futures Project” (TFP):
The Futures Project, an international not-for-profit organisation, aims to change the global dialogue about innovation and the future. Building on the UN Agenda 2030, The Futures Project (TFP) brings people together across borders and sectors to create shared visions for the future and facilitates the action and innovation that bring these visions to life.
In spring 2020, The Futures Project launched a global, open Call to Action for Innovators for the Future. The Call seeks innovation projects and initiatives that are making positive and substantial impacts on communities and their futures by addressing the urgency of the moment and staying committed to the future.
This session will feature some of the most inspiring Innovators for the Future and their change projects and future visions.
PROGRAMME: This session is FREE but registration is essential in order for you to receive the online link so that you can access our virtual platform on the day.
11:20: (GMT+2) Welcome and introduction by MC
10:30 – 12:30: (GMT+2) Inspirator Stories
- Julia Stamm, Berlin, Germany: The Founder & CEO of the The Futures Project will be in dialogue with some of her Innovators for the Future semi-finalists.
- Venuste Kubwimana, Nairobi, Kenya: Rwandan youth activist and social entrepreneur
- Wainright Acquoi, Boca Raton, Florida: social entrepreneur reimagining the future of secondary education in Liberia
- Benedicta Chukwuyem Apuamah, Asaba, Nigeria: Founder of Girls for Development Goals Foundation
- Wynand Espach, Tzaneen, South Africa: Chief Operating Officer of Agricolleges International
- David Idunnuoluwa, Lagos, Nigeria: E-Mobility specialist at MAX – empower millions of people at the bottom of the pyramid
BREAK: 12:30 – 13:30 (GMT+2) :
- Enjoy great music talent from Cape Town while they are performing in different locations at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town
- Exclusive virtual coffee session with The Futures Project. Only 15 seats available. Book your seat directly on Eventbrite
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OPEN DESIGN AFRIKA
Open Design Afrika is determined to keep this platform free of charge and accessible to everyone. If possible, we would appreciate your support by making a donation to Open Design Afrika NPO. Your donation will enable our team of change-makers to continue our valuable work in democratising the sharing of knowledge, participation and skills development so that we can unlock and ignite greater Afrikan solutions and new aspirations to build thriving futures. Please use the provided QR code if you want to make a donation. The ODA Team thank you for your support.