small is MASSIVE!
#OpenDesignAfrika calls on Afrikans and the world to action small seeds of change everywhere. Today we have to write the most important design brief in the history of humanity; it is time to rise in solidarity with our global neighbours and Inspirators for action!
Join us for DAY 2 of #ODA2020 on 28 October at “Global Inspiration Day”, as we Livestream from the @VandWaterfront in #CapeTown, #SouthAfrica. Let’s celebrate the power of creativity and humanity through our global design champions, unsung heroes and changemakers; as we share stories, learn together and get inspired to unlock greater potential and aspirations for thriving futures! Through a series of global dialogues, followed by virtual coffee sessions; we will bring exciting Inspirators together with our global audience so that you can get inspired by their personal stories that touch the lives of a few, a community, city, country, continent or globally
SESSION FOUR: Asia come together with Africa, come together with the World to celebrate life
PROGRAMME: This session is FREE but registration is essential in order for you to receive the online link so that you can access our virtual platform on the day.
15:20: (GMT+2) Welcome and introduction by MC
15:30– 16:30: (GMT+2) Inspirator Stories
- Richard Hsu, Shanghai, China: Co-founder of Pan-Asia Network
- Saamdu Chetri, Bhutan, India: Gross National Happiness paradigm beyond GNP
- Sirikul NUI Laukaikul, Bangkok, Thailand: “Moderation” and Balancing Growth
- Biman Najika Liyanage, Beijing, China: How to build products with conscious engineering framework
- Sun Li-Tsuei, Taipei, Taiwan: Founder of Shang Orientheatre – the culture of Chi
- Xinlin Song, Shanghai, China: “diversity in culture but unity in nature”
- Joe Sidek, Malaysia: Chairman | Federation for Asian Cultural Promotion (FACP)
*To learn more about the 2020 ODA INSPIRATORS click on their names above to read their bios.
BREAK: 16:30 – 17:30 (GMT+2):
- Enjoy great music talent from Cape Town while they are performing in different locations at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town
- Exclusive virtual coffee sessions with speakers. Only 15 seats available per speaker. Book your seat directly on Eventbrite
17:30: (GMT+2) MC conclude the day
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OPEN DESIGN AFRIKA
Open Design Afrika is determined to keep this platform free of charge and accessible to everyone. If possible, we would appreciate your support by making a donation to Open Design Afrika NPO. Your donation will enable our team of change-makers to continue our valuable work in democratising the sharing of knowledge, participation and skills development so that we can unlock and ignite greater Afrikan solutions and new aspirations to build thriving futures. Please use the provided QR code if you want to make a donation. The ODA Team thank you for your support.