small is MASSIVE!
Join us for DAY 3 of #ODA2020 on 29 October at “Future-Ready Skills Day”, with Heads, Hands and Hearts. Appropriate Education and future skills are key to develop thriving futures! Let’s focus on the future of humanity – on the young minds we need to empower and enable so that they can design their own preferred futures as part of a world they will be proud to live, work and play in.
Now is the time for educators and parents to action small seeds of change everywhere, to learn how to develop Creative Intelligence and future skills in every child. Through a series of dialogues, we will explore exciting global and Afrikan examples of disruption, hacking, skills and resources required for basic education and the important future role of Design Education.
SESSION TWO: The Planet, learning from nature; create flourishing environments, communities and purpose driven businesses
PROGRAMME: This session is FREE but registration is essential in order for you to receive the online link so that you can access our virtual platform on the day.
11:20: (GMT+2) Welcome and introduction by MC
10:30 – 12:30: (GMT+2) Inspirator Stories
- Jessica Berliner, Cape Town, SA: MD and Co-founder of Learn Biomimicry
- Frederick Mbuya, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: Founder of Uhurulabs
- Harri Ketamo, Finland: Founder of Headai – AI supporting and teaching us how to achieve the UN SDG’s
*To learn more about the 2020 ODA INSPIRATORS click on their names above to read their bios.
BREAK: 12:30 – 13:30 (GMT+2):
- Enjoy great music talent from Cape Town while they are performing in different locations at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town
- Exclusive virtual coffee sessions with speakers. Only 15 seats available per speaker. Book your seat directly on Eventbrite
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR OPEN DESIGN AFRIKA
Open Design Afrika is determined to keep this platform free of charge and accessible to everyone. If possible, we would appreciate your support by making a donation to Open Design Afrika NPO. Your donation will enable our team of change-makers to continue our valuable work in democratising the sharing of knowledge, participation and skills development so that we can unlock and ignite greater Afrikan solutions and new aspirations to build thriving futures. Please use the provided QR code if you want to make a donation. The ODA Team thank you for your support.