CITY-WIDE ACTIVATION PROGRAMME: Bookings are essential. Please select your events below
23-27 October: Township Walking tours
23-27 October: Woodstock Street Art Walk Experience
23 October: Architectural Open Studios (no bookings required)
23 October: Turning Fears into Learnings – Future Females
24 October: Octopus Farm Spring Tour – V&A Waterfront
24 October: Architectural Open Studios (no bookings required)
25 October: Creative Mornings
26 October: Bo-Kaap Architectural Walking Tour
26 October: Impilo Yabantu Market (no bookings required)
OPEN DESIGN AFRIKA FESTIVAL 2020
Time to start thinking what you will be hosting next year!
Since 2013 Open Design Afrika Festival has provided opportunities for more than 300 small, medium and micro enterprises to host their own events and to be included in the festival programme.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR TO HOST THEIR OWN EVENTS?
Our City Activation Programme is dedicated to support start-ups and micro-enterprises in and around the City of Cape Town. Do you have a great idea for a workshop, talk, tour? A new idea you want to share? An experience you want to offer? Are you a change agent in your community that use design-led innovation to create change in your community? Whatever it is, come and join us for Open Design Afrika Festival 2019.
INDIVIDUALS / START-UPS:
If you are an individual/small enterprise/organisation/NGO
Participating as an event host is a brilliant way for you:
- to showcase and market your product / service or community
- to increase your reach to a new audience
- to create a greater awareness of your business or community
- to increase demand for what you have to offer
- to create an opportunity to network and develop new potential alliances and collaborations
- To amplify your message
DESIGN & INNOVATION DISTRICTS / HUBS:
Cape Town has many “creative and entrepreneurial” districts and hubs. Open Design Afrika aims to put these districts and hubs on the map and on a world stage. It is time to showcase and celebrate Cape Town as an ideas city; an entrepreneurial city; the creative capital of Afrika and the UNESCO City of Design (first in Afrika).
This will increase:
- economic development
- social development
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE AND HOST YOUR OWN EVENT? WHAT VALUE DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
Marketing Value: It’s a win-win for all!
- Each event host receives their own event page on the ODA website
- ODA’s online audience is 33 000+
- ODA’s affiliation with the World Design Organisation and the UNESCO Cities of Design Network provides extended international online platforms to market the festival programme
- In 2018 the Canadian company Flight Network included Open Design Afrika Festival as one of the TOP 30 GLOBAL FESTIVALS that’s a must to attend.