DON’T MISS THIS EXCITING DAY OF INSPIRATION AND SHARING!
Are you an active citizen, policymaker, citymaker, social entrepreneur, scientist or anthropologist that is serious about creating change? Are you an aspiring changemaker? Are you a “Wetopian” who believes in the power of collaboration and new alliances to create significant change and transformation and better cities TOGETHER?
Make this your special day! Be inspired by our impressive 2019 collection of international and local “INSPIRATORS” & ‘WETOPIANS”!
Participate in a day of mutual learning and sharing in the company of international and local “Inspirators” from Afrika and the rest of the world who will share their inspirational stories and projects that have already ignited significant change.
BOOK YOUR SEAT FOR INSPIRATION DAY HERE
Seats are limited so it is advisable to book your seat in advance.
8:30 – 9:00: Registration
9:00 – 10:00
- Setting the Wetopia Scene: Wetopia Curators
- Welcome Address: Mayor of Cape Town, Dan Plato
- MC: Abbas Jamie
10:00 – 11:00: KEYNOTE 1 & 2: TOPIC: “Co-creating change through new alliances”
- Joke Quintens – Wetopia, Making Cities Together (France/Belgium)
- Michael Uwemedino – Human City Project (Nigeria)
11:10 – 12:10: PANEL 1: TOPIC: “Breaking barriers “ MODERATOR: Ellen Fischat
- Sihle Tshabalala – Quirky30 (SA)
- Lauren Dallas – Future Females (SA)
- Karidas Tshintsholo – Khula Farming app (SA)
12:10 – 13:20: LUNCH
13:30 – 14:30: KEYNOTE 3 & 4: TOPIC: “Waste, a catalyst for change”
- Mundano – Pimp My Carroça (Brazil)
- Kevin Kimwelle – Joe Slovo’s Community Center (SA)
14:40 – 15:40: PANEL 2: TOPIC: “Food for thought”: MODERATOR: Gareth Morgan
- Nonhlanhla Joye – Umgibe – (SA)
- Xolisa Bangani – Impilo Yabantu Market (SA)
- Abigail Mbalo Mokoena – 4Roomed eKasi Culture (SA)
15:50 – 16:50: KEYNOTE 5 & 6: TOPIC: “Co-creating change with citizens”
- Julia Kamuiru – Living Lab Nairobi (Kenya)
- JulienVever – Yes We Camp – Les Grands Voisins Paris (France)
17:00 – 18:00: PANEL 3: TOPIC: “A brave new world”: MODERATOR: Jodie Allemeier
- Siyanda Sopangisa – Khayelitsha Canoe Club (SA)
- Sander Van Bussel – Human Rights Tattoo (Netherlands)
- BRAVE Rock Girls – (SA)
18:00 – 19:30: Reception / Networking:
Please join us after the Wetopia Inspiration Day for a glass of wine and a little bit of a mingle and networking.
BOOK YOUR SPECIAL LUNCH EXPERIENCE WITH ABIGAIL MBALO MOKOENA
Look forward to an extra special lunch prepared by one of our local “inspirators and social entrepreneurs”. Make sure that you buy your ticket before the event.
LUNCH: R100 – special lunch prepared by one of our 2019 “inspirators”. Limited meals for the day so make sure you book and pay yours before you arrive.
PLEASE USE THE BELOW QR CODE TO PAY AND BOOK YOUR LUNCH.