The ODA Family Makers Weekend will be hosted by the Open Design Afrika Festival from 19-20 October at the historical Castle of Good Hope. Expect to find a melting pot of awesome creative, innovative and entrepreneurial experiences dotted across the castle.
Make this a family weekend affair at the ODA Family Makers Weekend. The Castle is going to buzz with lots of creative experiences, maker spaces, workshops, exhibits and so much more for young and old to enjoy.
Our brilliant ODA Coffee & Book Lounge as well as the delicious food served by our food trucks will keep everyone going for the weekend.
A few highlights include:
- 2019 Makers Market: 19-20 Oct
- “Makers & Shakers” 2019 Collection ……of the Greater Good”: 19 – 20 Oct (more details soon)
- Workshops & Maker Spaces for young and old: 19 – 20 Oct. Click on the below for more details
- Pukka Theatre host Calder for kids (STEAM edu workshops)
- EcoBricks Furniture Building Workshops
- Robot Rescue – Assemble and CODE a LEGO EV3 Robot to save Parkie the Penguin 19 Oct only
- Cape Town Repair Cafe 19 Oct only
- Gear Up Future Proof Experience – Meet a real life size Battle Bot 20 Oct only
- Drone Flying, Coding and Building Workshop with Inspire Africa
- Collaborative PlayGround Design
- Six Bricks Lego workshop 19 Oct only
- Sensory Workshop 19 Oct only
- Sewing Workshop for beginners
- Waste Washing
- Calming Kit Maker Space
- Makers School:
- AfrikaBurn Mutants and Installation
- Black Filmmakers Event: 20 Oct only
- ODA Wetopia Community workshops
- Tertiary Maker Spaces for learners who wants to know more about potential study options and what a creative future holds. Vega and CPUT will offer a series of workshops on Saturday 19 to Sunday 20 Oct.
* BOOK YOUR SPOT TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT ON THE DAY: Some of the workshops have limited space so make sure to book before the 19th Oct.
Opening Hours: Daily between 9:00 – 17:00 on Saturday 19 till Sunday 20 Oct.
FULL CALENDAR OF FESTIVAL EVENTS HERE