The ODA Family Makers Weekend will be hosted by the Open Design Afrika Festival from 19-20 October at the historical Castle of Good Hope. Expect to find a melting pot of awesome creative, innovative and entrepreneurial experiences dotted across the castle.
Make this a family weekend affair at the ODA Family Makers Weekend. The Castle is going to buzz with lots of creative experiences, maker spaces, workshops, exhibits and so much more for young and old to enjoy.
Our brilliant ODA Coffee & Book Lounge as well as the delicious food served by our food trucks will keep everyone going for the weekend.
A few highlights include:
- 2019 Makers Market: 19-20 Oct
- “Makers & Shakers of the Greater Good” Expo: 19 – 20 Oct (more details in September)
- Workshops & Maker Spaces for young and old: 19 – 20 Oct (Event pages for some workshops below will be loaded soon)
- Pukka Theatre host exciting STEAM workshops
- EcoBricks Furniture Building Workshops
- Robot Rescue – Assemble and CODE a LEGO EV3 Robot to save Parkie the Penguin
- Disassembly workshops/ hacking ewaste
- Collaborative PlayGround Design
- Six Bricks Lego workshop
- Sensory Workshop
- Sewing Workshop for beginners
- Waste Washing
- AfrikaBurn Mutants and Installation
- Black Filmmakers Event: 20 Oct
- Cape Town as democratic common seminars
- ODA Wetopia Community workshops
- Tertiary Maker Spaces for Teens and Parents who wants to engage with Design Schools to understand potential study and career options available. More details will be available closer to the time. Make sure to visit this page again to book your seats.
*Individual workshops will be added to the festival programme soon so visit our website again to explore what’s new for the Family Makers Weekend. Some of the workshops have limited space so make sure to book before the 19th Oct.
Opening Hours: Daily between 10:00 – 17:00 on Saturday 19 till Sunday 20 Oct.